Your health:

Packing my second hospital bag

By Baby Blogger Kate Richards 
I think that, at 35 weeks pregnant, the time has probably come to pack my hospital bag. However it's much easier to sit down on the sofa and just make a list, so that's what I'm going to do.

One slight problem is that I have no idea how long I'll be in for. A very straightforward second labour (yes please) and I could be out a few hours later. On the other hand, anything could happen and I may be there for several days. Better be on the safe side I think, especially as I won't be the one carrying the bag!

So in my enormous holdall I'm starting with: nightie with buttons at the front for feeding, paracetamol (you never know, it might take the edge off!), drinks and snacks, camera, lip balm, face spray and various other items which may help in labour.

For afterwards, I'm packing: tiny nappies, vests and sleepsuits, hat and mittens, blanket - and we mustn't forget the car seat or we won't be allowed to drive him home. Oh, and my maternity notes would be useful. Lastly, I mustn't forget a present for Ben "from the baby" to help soften the blow!

It's hard to believe that things will be completely straightforward this time, given that my last labour took three days. I just hope nobody laughs at the size of my bag. At least it's not a suitcase!

The next thing on my enormous to-do list is to start listening to my hypnobirthing cd. It really helped last time, keeping me calm when things went completely off plan. Well, that and the fact that I had faith in all the doctors and midwives to know what they were doing.

As far as I remember, the CD covers breathing and visualisation techniques. I'll report back soon.

No comments:

Tights Store